Nipissing Orthopaedic Laboratory Inc. offers full prosthetic and orthotic device conceptualization, manufacturing and maintenance.
Orthotic and prosthetic device manufacturing:
We are pleased to be able to offer free fully bilingual consultations to discuss orthotic and prosthetic treatment of your chronic or acute physical ailment. The orthopaedic bracing and prosthetic solutions we suggest range in complexity and are designed to help treat some or all of the physical ailments from which you suffer, to the best of our abilities.
We specialize in providing treatment for severe deformity and complex case presentations as well as for more straightforward conditions.
Device servicing and maintenance:
We service and maintain all orthopaedic devices including foot orthotics than are worn out due to wear and tear be they manufactured by us or purchased from any other supplier.
Consultation regarding ineffective devices purchased elsewhere:
Partial list of patient pathologies that are typically seen at Nipissing Orthopaedic Laboratory Inc:
- Painfull foot conditions: Plantar fasciitis (heel pain), metatarsalgia (forefoot pain), foot leg and back pain associated with pes planus (flat feet) and pes cavus (high arches), foot alignment issues, forefoot deformity, and partial foot amputations.
- Diabetes Mellitus Type 1 and 2 including: foot ulcer management, Charcot joint deformity, partial foot amputations, diabetic suitable footwear consultation and foot orthotic treatment
- Arthritic conditions: orthotic treatment to help align and support joint deformity in the extremities and spine
- Stroke: orthotic treatment to help better align flaccid or spastic extremities
- Back pain
- Cerebral Palsy
- Multiple Sclerosis
- Sport injuries
- Spina Bifida
- Scoliosis for the adult and pediatric population
- Pediatric orthopaedic conditions
- Acquired and congenital limb amputations
Funding of prosthetic and orthotic devices comes from private sources, 3rd-party payment agencies and from public funding programs for Ontario residents through the Ministry of Health and Long Term Care’s Assistive Devices Program. Certified Prosthetists and Orthotists are the only professionals recognized by OHIP for prosthetic and orthotic devices funding.
Nipissing Orthopaedic Laboratory Inc is an authorized vendor for:
Private health insurance health providers.
Partial list of commonly prescribed orthotic devices:
- Foot orthotics
- Orthopeadic footwear as well as diabetic suitable and post operative/medical footwear
- Footwear modifications (lifts, bolsters, wedges, bunion stretches etc)
- Custom leg braces (AFO, KAFO, HKAFO)
- Knee bracing (CTI2, G11, Donjoy, Breg, Canadian Knee Center)
- Soft tissue bracing (patella-femoral, ankle, wrist etc)
- Spinal braces (from elastic binders, corsets, compression braces, body jackets etc)
- cervical orthoses
- Scoliosis bracing for adults and adolescents
- Upper extremity bracing from shoulders to finger tips
- Leather wrist and ankle gauntlets